Valor Public Schools - South Austin is now accepting applications for grades K-8 in 2018-2019.
In January 2018, we will conduct a random lottery to determine initial enrollment offers. Following this, parents will receive an enrollment offer or a waitlist number. Continue reading before submitting your application below!
Open Enrollment & Tuition-Free
Valor has no admissions requirements and no tuition. The application takes only a few minutes and can be submitted online or at our office in person.
All applications submitted by January 24, 2018 will be entered into a lottery. Following the lottery, applications will be added to the waitlist in the order they are received.
Once one child has enrolled, waitlisted siblings will receive priority and move up the waitlist.
To enroll in Kindergarten for 2018-19, your child must be 5 on or before September 1, 2018.
First Campus Location
Valor's first campus (South Austin) will open at 220 Foremost Dr. in summer of 2018!
Application Period: October 11, 2017 - January 24, 2018, 11:59 p.m. CDT
Beginning October 11, applications for the 2018-2019 school year may be submitted online through the enrollment Parent Portal. All applications received during the Application Period will be entered into a lottery. This is the best time to apply!
Lottery: January 26, 2018.
When there are more applications received than seats available in a given grade level, a lottery will be conducted. In the lottery, each application is assigned a random number and then ordered based on this lottery number.
Enrollment Offers & Registration: Beginning January 26, until all seats are filled.
Following the lottery, the first round of enrollment offers will be made to families based on the lottery results. Families receiving offers will be notified of the offer and the process for accepting it. After accepting an enrollment offer, parents may complete Registration forms online and schedule a meeting with the school office to finalize registration.
Following the lottery and first round of offers, applicants who are waitlisted will receive notification of their waitlist number. For more information about understanding the waitlist, see our Enrollment FAQs below.
Applying After Application Period: January 25, 2018 through 2018-2019 year
Applications submitted after the designated Application Period are not entered into the lottery. These applications will be added to the waitlist in the order they are received behind applications submitted during the Application Period.
Grade Level Selection*
Please follow these guidelines for grade selection during the application process:
- Kindergarten Age Requirement: Based on Texas law, a child must be age 5 on or before September 1, 2018 to be eligible for Kindergarten in 2018-2019.
- Students from Public or Private Schools: In general, students must apply for the next grade level in the normal progression (e.g. apply for 5th grade in 2018-2019 if currently in 4th grade.) Holding your student back or placing him or her in a higher grade is only allowed in special cases, if approved by Valor school leadership. Contact the school office if you would like to have a discussion about your child's grade placement.
- Students Homeschooled or from Schools without Grade Levels: In general, parents of these students should select the applicant's grade level based on the student's birthdate. Birthdates should generally fall within the following ranges for students entering these grades in 2018-19:
- Kindergarten: on or before September 1, 2013
- 1st: September 2, 2011 - September 1, 2012
- 2nd: September 2, 2010 - September 1, 2011
- 3rd: September 2, 2009 - September 1, 2010
- 4th: September 2, 2008 - September 1, 2009
- 5th: September 2, 2007 - September 1, 2008
- 6th: September 2, 2006 - September 1, 2007
- 7th: September 2, 2005 - September 1, 2006
- 8th: September 2, 2004 - September 1, 2005
Placing your student in a different grade than indicated above is only allowed in special cases, if approved by Valor school leadership. Contact the school office if you would like to have a discussion about your child's grade placement. In these cases, parents may be asked to provide documentation of grade level readiness or academic achievement/curriculum content.
For any questions about grade placement not addressed in these guidelines, please contact the school office.
* Please note that if you submit an application for the wrong grade level, this cannot be manually edited in the enrollment system. You will need to cancel the application and submit a separate one with a new submission date. Contact the school office for technical support related to the enrollment system.
Do you have further questions?
Visit the Enrollment section of our Frequently Asked Questions page for further explanations about the lottery, offers, and for admissions policies. You may also email email@example.com with questions. Thank you!